Beef stew is classic comfort food. If your loved ones has a slow cooker (also acknowledged as a Crock-Pot), this is a great time to learn how to use it! In the morning, you can put together the stew through phase five, then put it in the cooker on lower, and it will be prepared by dinnertime.
Sharp knife (adult essential)
Vegetable brush or clean sponge
Massive pot with lid
Wash your hands with soap and water, then collect all your products and components and place them on a counter.
- Put the flour, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix effectively. Include the beef and toss till it is well coated with the flour mixture.
- Place the pot on the stove and set the heat to medium. When the pot is hot, include the oil.
- Very meticulously add the beef cubes. Cook, without having stirring, until the beef develops a browned crust and releases easily from the pot, about five minutes. Very carefully stir the beef and flip the pieces in excess of. Cook yet again with out stirring an additional 3 minutes (you will have browned two sides of the cubes). Flip off the heat and transfer the beef cubes to the plate.
- Reheat the pot above medium-minimal heat and add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring regularly, till the onions have caramelized, turning brown and sweet, about 30 minutes.
- Meticulously add the reserved beef, potatoes, and turnip. Add the thyme, stock, and tomatoes and stir well.
- Set the heat to low and cook partially covered right up until the beef is tender, about two hours. Include the vinegar and stir effectively. Taste the stew. Does it need to have more vinegar? A pinch of salt? If so, add it and taste once again.
- Serve appropriate away or transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate up to two days.