This healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole recipe is created with your selection of pasta, tender chicken and broccoli, and the most delightful creamy cheddar mushroom sauce.
Increase your hand if you grew up consuming broccoli chicken casserole! Make that two hands if yours usually included a can of cream of mushroom soup! Ah, what can we say, it’s what all of the great youngsters have been doing back in the 80s. For individuals of you who nonetheless crave a great throwback chicken casserole each now and then these days, I have a modern version today that I believe you are going to adore.
Meet my a hundred%-from-scratch, lightened-up, even now-ultra-creamy-and-cheesy, comforting chicken and broccoli casserole recipe!
It’s made with all of the traditional elements from the broccoli chicken casserole recipes of my childhood, just freshened up a bit to deliver us into 2019. We’re talking lots and plenty of broccoli (you can use fresh or frozen), tender chicken (feel free to use a rotisserie as a shortcut), your choice of pasta (I employed complete-wheat, but any variety will do), and lots of sharp cheddar cheese (get the good stuff!). Then in lieu of canned cream of mushroom soup, this broccoli chicken casserole recipe functions an straightforward homemade creamy mushroom sauce instead, created with tons of fresh mushrooms and zesty seasonings to make certain that this casserole is anything but bland.
It’s contemporary, creamy, cozy comfort food at its greatest. And get ready, since it disappears in a flash.
Let’s make some chicken casserole!
Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients:
Ok! Prior to we get to the complete recipe under, let’s talk about our shopping record. To make this broccoli chicken casserole recipe, you will need to have:
How To Make This Casserole:
To make this broccoli chicken casserole recipe, simply…
- Cook the pasta and broccoli. Cook the pasta in a massive pot of boiling water (don’t neglect to generously salt the water!) right up until it is al dente. But — plot twist! — toss the broccoli florets into the water about 1 minute just before the pasta is carried out cooking to give it a rapid cook also. Drain both.
- Make the mushroom sauce. Meanwhile, we’ll work on the sauce. Saut the onion, followed by the mushrooms and garlic in butter (or oil) until softened. Stir in some flour and let it cook for 1 minute (this will support to thicken the sauce). Then include in the stock, milk, Dijon, salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce reaches a simmer. Stir in half of the shredded cheese, taste, and modify any seasonings as essential.
- Put everything together. In a massive 9 x 13-inch baking dish, give everything a great toss — the cooked pasta, broccoli, mushroom sauce and chicken — until combined.
- Bake. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Then get rid of pan from the oven, sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on best of the casserole, and bake for ten a lot more minutes or until the cheese is wonderful and melty.
- Appreciate! Serve great and warm, garnished with extra black pepper and/or fresh herbs, if wanted.
See total recipe directions under.
Want to customize this chicken broccoli casserole recipe? Truly feel free of charge to…
Far more Favorite Casserole Recipes:
Lookin’ for a lot more casseroles to adore? Right here are a few of my faves.