This effortless Potato Soup recipe is genuinely the ideal! It’s fast and straightforward to make on the stovetop, it’s nice and creamy (without having employing hefty cream), and it’s often so cozy and comforting and scrumptious.
Do you have a favourite potato soup recipe?
If not — psst — bookmark this 1!
This straightforward potato soup recipe has been my experimented with-and-real, back-pocket, all-time-favourite for in excess of a decade now. It’s properly wealthy and creamy (with out making use of heavy cream), it’s total of taste (since bland potato soup is the worst), it’s straightforward to adapt to be vegetarian and/or gluten-free of charge (see beneath), and it is usually, always a crowd fave. I promise it won’t allow you down.
Let’s make some potato soup!
Potato Soup Recipe | 1-Minute V >
Potato Soup Substances:
To make this easy potato soup recipe, you will want:
And finally…toppings! I’m a massive believer that the much more, the merrier when it comes to toppings and potato soup. Some classic possibilities could incorporate
How To Make Potato Soup:
To make this potato soup recipe, just:
- Cook the bacon. Dice and then saut it in a huge stockpot until it’s great and crispy. Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and reserve a handful of tablespoons of leftover grease in the stockpot (discarding the rest.)
- Saut the veggies. Saut the onion and garlic in the bacon grease right up until softened. Then stir in some flour, to create your roux.
- Add broth and potatoes. Then add the stock, milk and potatoes. Cook right up until the potatoes until finally softened, getting sure to stir the soup frequently so that the bottom does not burn.
- Add remaining substances. Then stir in the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm. Then serve it up, loaded up with all of your favorite toppings!
Guys, there are so many techniques to customize this soup! Some possibilities could consist of:
What To Serve With Potato Soup:
Seeking for some side dishes to serve with this potato soup recipe? Here are a few of my faves: