Member recipe by carlleach
A traditional meze consisting of Greek yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and mint. There are a lot of variants of this recipe, this is my consider on it. Tzatziki tends to make a very nice condiment for gyros or kebabs. It goes quite effectively with pork or lamb. It’s also quite great served as a dip with pita bread triangles.
- Peel cucumber, reduce in half lengthways and de-seed utilizing a teaspoon, then coarsely grate.
- Put grated cucumber into a sieve suspended over a bowl, sprinkle in excess of 1/2 tsp of salt and mix through. Area a plate on top of cucumber and let cucumber to drain for around 1 hour, or till water stops dripping (whichever is 1st).
- Mix all the substances and mix completely.
- The flavours mix much better if given time so I favor to depart it in a sealed container in the refrigerator overnight.
- If Greek yoghurt is not available then you can make your very own Greek type from plain yoghurt by suspending a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a bowl, incorporating the yoghurt and enabling it to drain for two-three hours, or longer if thicker yoghurt is preferred, in a fridge. A paper coffee filter can be used as an substitute to a cheesecloth, following the above approach.
You may also like
Lamb burgers with tzatziki
Greek chickpea salad with melting feta
Greek lamb salad
Apricot yogurt fool
The ultimate makeover: Moussaka
Oregano & lemon roasties
Greek pasta salad
Fragrant cucumber & yogurt soup
Remarks, inquiries and suggestions
Sesame & chilli pancakes with tzatziki
New BBC Good Food app
Download our free new app to search, save and type your favourite recipes and get inspiration on the go.
Expertise & know how
As properly as helping you make a decision what to cook we can also assist you to cook it. From tips on cookery techniques to details and info about well being and nutrition, we’ve a wealth of foodie know how for you to discover.
About BBC Very good Food
We are the UK’s quantity one foods brand. Whether you’re looking for healthy recipes and guides, family members projects and meal ideas, the newest gadget evaluations, foodie travel inspiration or just the ideal recipe for dinner tonight, we’re here to help.
All our recipes are examined completely by us to make positive they’re suitable for your kitchen at house. We know a lot of of you are concerned about healthy eating, so we send them to a experienced nutritionist for thorough analysis also.
Tell us what you think…
Enjoy the new appear or feel we’ve missed the mark? We want to hear your ideas – very good and bad – to make sure we make the new web site as beneficial as feasible.
Subscribe to BBC Good Meals magazine and get triple-examined recipes delivered to your door, each month.
Find out a BBC Good Food Display near you.
See your favourite chefs on Sky Channel 133, BT 313 and find their recipes at goodfoodchannel.co.uk
Join the BBC Great Meals community by following us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google Plus.
© Fast Media Company Constrained, 2019